Posts tagged 'black raspberry white chocolate mousse'RSS Feed
Black Raspberry-White Chocolate Mousse in Painted Wine Glasses
- • 2 TBS heavy cream
- • ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat 2 TB. heavy cream in small glass ramekin in microwave for 35-40 seconds at 50% power.
2. Add a scant ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Let the chips melt for a couple minutes then stir with spoon until smooth. If it looks a little separated, add a few drops of water. Keep at room temperature until needed. Can be reheated in microwave at 50% power for a few seconds.
BLACK RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- • 8 ounces Graeter’s Black Raspberry Dessert Sauce
- • 8 ounces White Chocolate, finely chopped
- • 2 Cups Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
1. In a small saucepan, bring Black Raspberry Sauce to a near boil. Remove from heat and add white chocolate, let it set for 1-2 minutes and the whisk until smooth. Allow mixture to cool to about room temperature by placing in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Whip 2 cups of heavy cream to soft peaks.
3. Take a third of the whipped cream and gently beat into the cooled white chocolate mixture.
4. Then pour the white chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped cream. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture. Do not over mix or the mousse will turn grainy. Transfer the mousse into a large zip lock bag until ready to use. The mousse will keep for up to four days in the refrigerator.
(Optional method for whipping cream: Whip the cream until lightly whipped; i.e., before any peaks form. When you see streaks left by the whisk, the cream is ready. Pour white chocolate mixture into lightly whipped cream and whisk together until the mixture looks like soft peak whipped cream. Do not over whip the cream or your mousse will be grainy.)
5. Using a spoon, zip-loc bag or cornet bag, drizzle warm chocolate ganache on inside of the wine glasses. Refrigerate glasses so the ganache will firm up.
6. Place white chocolate mousse inside a pastry bag or zip lock bag and pipe mousse into glasses. Refrigerate until serving.