Graeter's Ice Cream Company collects information about our visitors (both offline and online) so that we can provide an experience that is tailored to their preferences. Since the privacy of our visitors is of paramount importance to Graeter's, we wish to protect it and maintain the trust of our visitors while collecting the information necessary to do this. Graeter's is fully committed to providing information about the collection and use of personal information furnished by, or collected from, visitors while using our website, products and services. We offer visitors the choice to decline (opt out) participation in certain services and promotional benefits provided by Graeter's. Below is an explanation of the information we collect, how we use it, and why the use of this information will benefit our visitors' experience.
Security is provided concerning credit card information, names, addresses, e-mail addresses and any other personal information that visitors may provide within the transactional portions of our website. Although "guaranteed security" does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard our visitors' personally identifiable information by using industry standard practices. Currently, our website utilizes a variety of different security measures designed to protect personally identifiable information from unauthorized access by users both inside and outside Graeter's, including the use of 128-bit encryption based on a Class 3 Digital Certificate issued by Verisign Inc. This allows for utilization of Secure Sockets Layer, which is a method for encrypting data. This protects confidential information - such as credit card numbers, online forms, and financial data - from loss, misuse, interception and hacking.
During the order process, Graeter's asks visitors for their email address in order to provide relevant information such as order confirmations and future offers. By providing their email address to us, visitors may receive email. Visitors will always have the ability to accept or decline email communications from Graeter's Inc. At any time a visitor may opt-out of receiving email communication by following the directions posted in every email.
1. Collection of Information. br>
a. Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us or through our service providers. For example, we, or a third party acting on our behalf, collect information when you create an account, place an order or make a purchase, fill out a form, participate in contests, promotions or surveys, apply for a job, inquire about becoming an authorized operator, contact us about potential real estate locations, host a charity fundraiser at one of our stores or request charity donations from us, engage with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. br>
The types of information we may collect include: br>
- o your name, email address, phone number, postal address, ZIP code, birth date, Sweet Rewards account username and password, social media usernames;
- o photographs, if you choose to upload a Profile Photo (please note that providing our application with access to a photo library on a mobile device may result in collection of information regarding other photos stored on the device);
- o if you are applying for employment, your résumé information, such as employment and education history;
- o if you are inquiring about becoming our authorized operator, your net worth and restaurant operation experience;
- o if you are requesting our participation in a fundraising event or seeking charity donations from us, name and address of the charity organization, event details and tax exempt ID; or
- o any other information you choose to provide.
We may collect and store information about your transaction when you place an order or make a purchase through the website, the Sweet Rewards® app, or in our stores, such as the items ordered, the transaction amount, the date and location of the store of your order, and limited payment information, such as payment card type, expiration date, and the last four digits of your card number; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all payment card transactions are processed by our third-party payment processors. br> br>
b. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including, but not limited to: br>
o Log Information: We may collect log information about your access and use of our website, including but not limited to, your domain name, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services. br>
o Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behavior. br>
o Location Information: When your device location identification setting allows, we may collect information about the precise location of your device each time you access or use our website or one of our mobile applications or otherwise configure your settings on your devices to allow the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below. br>
o In-Store Cameras: We use in-store cameras for security purposes and for operational purposes such as improving the customer experience. br> br>
c. Information We Collect from Other Sources. Certain functionalities on the Services permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain third-party services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Services and a Third-Party Service; “liking” or “sharing” Graeter’s content; logging in to the Services using your third-party service account (e.g., using Facebook Connect to sign-in to the Service); and to otherwise connect the Service to a Third-Party Service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from the Service). If you use Social Features, and potentially other third-party services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Services or by the third-party service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references the Services (e.g., by using a hashtag or handle associated with Graeter’s in social media post), your post may be used on or in connection with the Services or otherwise by Graeter’s. Also, both Graeter’s and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of the Services and any third-party service. br> br>
d. Information We Collect About Others. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you refer someone to our Services (such as for certain promotions), or when you make a purchase for others or specify items for others in your party. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unrelated to your requests, unless they separately consent to receive these communications from us. br> br>
• Use of Information. We may use information about you for various purposes, including, but not limited, to:
• provide, maintain and improve our Services, including your in-store, online and mobile application ordering experience;
• provide and deliver the products and services you request, process orders, transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
• send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities;
• respond to your comments, questions, requests and provide customer service;
• communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Graeter’s and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage promotional communications, please see “Your Choices” below);
• monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
• personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
• process and deliver contest and promotion entries and rewards;
• link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• share information you provide to us during an online or in-store transaction to a third party who will assist us in providing offers and product recommendations that may be of interest to you.
• assess and respond to employment, franchise/authorized operator, charity events or donations, or other applications; or
• carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Graeter’s is based in the United States and the information we collect is maintained and processed in the U.S. and governed by U.S. law. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), please note that Graeter’s does not intend to offer goods and services (including the Services) to EEA individuals. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S., where you may not have the same rights as you do under the law of the jurisdiction from which you access the Services. Graeter’s is not responsible for, and makes no representations regarding, the policies or business practices of third parties (including where information is maintained and processed), including, without limitation, service providers and third-party services (including Social Features) associated with the Services.
• with our affiliates, subsidiaries and authorized operators to provide products and services you request and to support our business function and authorized operator network;
• with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• in response to a request for information if we believe such disclosure is required to comply with any applicable law, rule, regulation or legal process;
• if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Graeter’s or others;
• in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, transfer, liquidation, restructure, sale of company assets, listing of our securities with a securities exchange, financing, reorganization, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
• with your consent or at your direction.
We may also use and share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
• Social Sharing Features. The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
• Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others. We may allow others to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. Some information about your use of the Services and certain third-party services may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services, and used by Graeter’s and third parties (including our service providers) for purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and deliver relevant ads and/or other content to you on the Services and certain third-party services. These entities may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your use of the Services and other websites, including your IP address, web browser, pages viewed, time spent on pages, links clicked and conversion information. This information may be used by Graeter’s and others to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services and other websites and better understand your online activity. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit aboutads.info/choices.
We may also work with third parties to serve you ads as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter). As part of these ad campaigns, we may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertisements customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized advertisements.
• Security. Graeter’s takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
• Your Choices.
a. Account Information. You may update, correct or delete account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to deactivate your account, please send an email to [email protected]
, and include your name, account name (if different), contact information, and a request to deactivate your account. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information that you provide through our Services as required or permitted by applicable law. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
b. Cookies and other Tracking Technologies; Your Choices. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to web sites you visit. Like many online services, we currently do not alter our practices (that is, honor the do-not-track signal) when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com, but we are not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of this third-party information.
You may choose whether to receive some interest-based advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and service providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. Graeter’s is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third-parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
c. Location Information. When you first launch some of our mobile applications or visit one of the pages on our website that collect location information, you may be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or Internet browser. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile application(s) by following the standard uninstall process and removing the Graeter’s application(s) from your mobile device.
As part of the service that Graeter's provides its visitors, Graeter's may mail its visitors to inform them of enhancements, changes in offerings, special events, or other relevant information responsive to the visitors' interests. Visitors who supply Graeter's with their postal address or telephone number may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new Graeter's products and services or upcoming Graeter's special offers/events. Graeter's offers our visitors the option to decline these communications. Visitors may contact us to opt-out of such communications as follows
Online Account Registration
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register on the Graeter's website. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to LOG OUT at the conclusion of your session. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
We'll be happy to provide additional information or answer any questions. Please:
Email: [email protected]
Graeter's Ice Cream Co.
2245 Gilbert Ave., Suite 105
Cincinnati, OH 45206
Periodic Review & Modifications