We’re having a Christmas party next weekend so we were brainstorming what kind of unique holiday sweet would be fun to serve to friends. We came up with these festive Graeter’s Peppermint ice-cream milkshakes! I’m all about easy recipes like this that everyone will love.
Graeter's Peppermint Milk Shakes
VERY EASY TO MAKE AND SO GOOD – HERE’S THE STEP-BY-STEP:
- 1. Graeter’s Peppermint Ice Cream + milk blended to your desired consistency
- 2. Crush up candy canes for the rim of the glasses
- 3. Mix equal parts sugar and water and bring to a boil – then dip rim of glasses in substance.
- 4. Dip rim of glasses in crushed candy cane.
- 5. Top with whipped cream and a cherry! The red striped straws add a fun holiday touch.
The Holidays have arrived and we teamed up with Paulie Cooks to create the perfect Holiday treat! This delicious combo of our Handcrafted French Pot Ice Cream and Liège Waffles will leave a lasting impression on friends and family. What are you waiting for? Grab some Graeter’s Ice Cream and start whippin’ up some waffles! Check out the recipe and more from Paulie Cooks below.
"Finally got my box of @graeters ice cream in the mail and it did not disappoint. What do you with some of the best ice cream you’ve ever had?! Duh make it into more snacks. Liège waffle ice cream sandwiches, yes I’ll have all of them please. Black raspberry chip and mocha chocolate chip up first. 4 more to try. You need this ice cream in your life."
- 1. Room temp unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2. Yeast. Brown sugar. Warm water. And milk all together and let yeast bubble
- 3. Eggs. Vanilla. Salt. And yeast mix all into a bowl or mixer.
- 4. Add the flour. And start kneading, incorporating the butter a few tablespoons at a time.
- 5. It should be a pretty sticky dough but pulls away from the bowl easily. Let it sit for an hour and rise and then refrigerate
Let it refrigerate for 24 hours/overnight.
Then. Give yourself an hour before you’re ready to cook. Take the dough out of the fridge and let it soften. Then knead in the pearl sugar. Which is super easy to find on amazon. That’s the only place around me that I found it.
The dough should make about 32 quarter waffles. I cut them all portion them by weight, about 65g
Play with it. They’re awesome.
Check out more recipes from Paulie Cooks on Instagram @PaulieCooks.
Black Raspberry-White Chocolate Mousse in Painted Wine Glasses
- • 2 TBS heavy cream
- • ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat 2 TB. heavy cream in small glass ramekin in microwave for 35-40 seconds at 50% power.
2. Add a scant ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Let the chips melt for a couple minutes then stir with spoon until smooth. If it looks a little separated, add a few drops of water. Keep at room temperature until needed. Can be reheated in microwave at 50% power for a few seconds.
BLACK RASPBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- • 8 ounces Graeter’s Black Raspberry Dessert Sauce
- • 8 ounces White Chocolate, finely chopped
- • 2 Cups Heavy Cream or Whipping Cream
1. In a small saucepan, bring Black Raspberry Sauce to a near boil. Remove from heat and add white chocolate, let it set for 1-2 minutes and the whisk until smooth. Allow mixture to cool to about room temperature by placing in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Whip 2 cups of heavy cream to soft peaks.
3. Take a third of the whipped cream and gently beat into the cooled white chocolate mixture.
4. Then pour the white chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped cream. Gently fold the whipped cream into the white chocolate mixture. Do not over mix or the mousse will turn grainy. Transfer the mousse into a large zip lock bag until ready to use. The mousse will keep for up to four days in the refrigerator.
(Optional method for whipping cream: Whip the cream until lightly whipped; i.e., before any peaks form. When you see streaks left by the whisk, the cream is ready. Pour white chocolate mixture into lightly whipped cream and whisk together until the mixture looks like soft peak whipped cream. Do not over whip the cream or your mousse will be grainy.)
5. Using a spoon, zip-loc bag or cornet bag, drizzle warm chocolate ganache on inside of the wine glasses. Refrigerate glasses so the ganache will firm up.
6. Place white chocolate mousse inside a pastry bag or zip lock bag and pipe mousse into glasses. Refrigerate until serving.
Make a delectable ice cream creation featuring a fun twist on classic favorites!
Grilled Peaches and Cream Shortcake is a unique twist on a classic dessert. Grilled peaches are served with vanilla bean shortcake, a scoop of Graeter's creamy ice cream and homemade whipped cream! I love using either the Madagascar Vanilla Bean or Original Salted Caramel Ice Cream with this recipe.
Get the recipe now and enjoy, visit the Spoonful of Flavor blog by Ashley (created by in partnership with the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association to celebrate July Ice Cream Month).
After trying this recipe you'll never want to skip breakfast again. A chocolatey treat so tasty it is my favorite breakfast recipe. The best part? It's something even your kids can help make it's so easy! The secret ingredient is our butter buns for this recipe, they provide a much richer flavor.
Steve Hellmich's, Graeter’s Head Chef
FRENCH TOAST BURGERS
Yield: 2 servings Servings: 2 Prep Time: 5m Cook Time: 5m Ready In: 15m
Chocolate Whipped Cream
- • One cup of cold heavy cream
- • 2 tablespoons of Graeters Bittersweet Dessert Sauce
- • 1 to 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
To make our chocolate whipped cream, start by adding the three ingredients together in a cold mixing bowl, add powdered sugar to taste, and whisk until firm peaks.
More bittersweet topping can be added in the beginning if a stronger chocolate taste it desired.
French Toast Burgers
- • Graeter's Hamburger Buns (available at select Graeter retail stores)
- • 2 eggs
- • 1 tsp. sugar
- • Pinch of cinnamon
- • ½ cup milk
Combine the eggs, sugar, cinnamon and milk in a bowl and whisk together. Be sure to whisk together well.
Preheat a frying pan, skillet or griddle on medium heat. Use cooking spray or a pat of butter.
Submerge the hamburger bun completely in the mixture and coat completely.
Place bread on griddle and cook on both sides until golden brown. It should take about 2 minutes per side but be SURE to check.
Sweeten the start of her Mother’s Day with these brunch treats straight from the kitchen of Graeter’s Head Chef, Steve Hellmich. As a trained chef working at Graeter’s he has concocted several mouth-watering recipes that incorporate the best of Graeter’s flavors.
Salted Caramel Coffee Chiller
For the coffee lover, we recommend our Salted Caramel Coffee Chiller, a creamy wake-me-up in a mug.
Simply blend the following ingredients:
- • 3oz Milk
- • 3oz Espresso Syrup
- • 6oz Graeter's Origianl Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- • 8oz Ice
Strawberry Sensation Smoothie
Not a coffee fan, not a problem! Our Strawberry Sensation Smoothie will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
Simply blend the following ingredients:
- • 3oz Orange Juice
- • 3oz Fresh Strawberries
- • 6oz Raspberry Sorbet
- • 1 whole Banana
- • 8oz Ice
French Toast Burgers
Now for the real treat, French Toast Burgers! Yes, that’s right a breakfast brunch like no other, something you simply have to try and you’ll see why this is my favorite breakfast. View our French Toast Burgers Recipe.
Steve Hellmich, Graeter’s Head Chef